Danny is a founder member of seminal 80’s post-punk band Modern Eon. He is Liverpool-born but spent his early teens in the 70’s growing up in Skelmersdale – a New Town which was bright, modern and futuristic. In the 70’s environment of heavy rock, glam rock, modern architecture and new art forms, he started to explore his creative inclinations through music and art with music being his primary artistic pursuit.
He enjoyed a significant level of success in the music world but after Modern Eon split (and several musical adventures later) art became his number one passion.
As a mature student Danny went to London College of Printing where he discovered a particular passion for printmaking and obtained an upper 2:1 BA (Hons.) in Print Media (Surface Design).
Danny’s love of silkscreen printing has evolved and he now utilises Photoshop as the perfect alternative to traditional print media. Importing photography, texture, line drawing and using layering techniques, he has developed a distinctive style creating artworks of a complex and dynamic nature.
Danny is represented by KMR Management
Summary of Exhibitions
- ‘Light Sensitive – an exhibition of Photography’, ‘This Is Life’ installation at Blue House Gallery, Schull, Ireland: 8 June to 27 June 2018
- ‘This Is Life’ triptych, display at the Fastnet Film Festival, Schull, Ireland: 23 May to 27 May 2018
- Warrington Contemporary Open, Warrington Museum & Art Gallery: October 2017
- Pancakes & Booze pop-up art show, Studio Spaces, London: October 2017
- Lancashire Open Exhibition, Chapel Gallery, Ormskirk: July to September 2017
- ‘Portraits’ Group Exhibition, The Bureau – Centre For The Arts, Blackburn: 06 to 22 July 2017
- Liverpool Open Exhibition, Editions Print Gallery, Liverpool: 15 June to 15 July 2017
- Pancakes & Booze pop-up art show, Studio Spaces, London: February 2017
- Grid International Art Fair, Trumans Brewery, London: October 2016
- Warrington Contemporary Open, Warrington Museum & Art Gallery: October 2016
- West Lancashire Open Exhibition, Chapel Gallery, Ormskirk: July to September 2016
- Arena Studios Art Auction, Elevator Studios, Liverpool: July 2016
- Pancakes & Booze pop-up art show, Studio Spaces, London: April 2016
- West Lancashire Open Exhibition, Chapel Gallery, Ormskirk: July to September 2015
- Coast Café & Bistro, Liverpool: ongoing since May 2014
- Unit 51, Baltic Creative, Liverpool: July 2013
- Clove Hitch Restaurant & Gallery, Georgian Quarter, Liverpool: June 2013
- Dot-Art Xmas Pop-up, Cavern Walks, Liverpool: December 2012
- Liverpool Art Fair Print Edition, Camp & Furnace, Liverpool: December 2012
- Biennial Fringe, Liverpool (with The Liverpool Gallery group): July 2012
- Dot-Art Xmas Pop-up, Metquarter, Liverpool: December 2011
- Independents Biennial, Liverpool (with Liverpool Gallery group): September 2010
- Gallery4AllArts, “Abstract Vibrations”, Liverpool: April-May 2010
- Manchester Buy Art Fair, Manchester (with Dot-Art group): September 2009
- Hope Street Festival, Liverpool (Calidad Events): September 2009
- Crowne Plaza, Liverpool (Calidad Events): August 2009
- Cafe Vive Iterum, Dollis Hill, London: February 2009